New goals on the air, it is time to start again (for some athletes continue) to train seriously, maybe the physical shape is not that of a year ago. For someone the forced sedentariness and the work at home, with the pantry too close, led to accumulate a bit of fat.
Some useful advice to manage meals during this first period:
- Start your meal with plenty of raw vegetables
- Avoid crackers and other bread substitutes during main meals
- Eat pasta at lunch, only on training days
- During the rest days, prefer proteins (white meat, ham, lean fish, pulses) in both meals, always accompanied by abundant vegetables
- Make 2 snacks a day, one mid-morning and one mid-afternoon, with fresh fruit and nuts (walnuts, almonds, cashews)
- Have a protein rich breakfast, instead of sugars rich one, for example wholemeal biscuits with ricotta cheese and jam or with a protein chocolate spread
In conclusion, the most important thing to feel good is to start running regularly and without overdoing, eating properly until returning to an excellent condition, after that increase the intensity of training and the daily calorie intake.